It is a renowned holiday resort, lying west of Capo Zafferano. Its Mother church and Ducal Tower, both dating back to the first half of the XVIII century, when Casteldaccia was founded, are worth a visit. Remains of previous settlements, dating back to the Arabian and Norman period, have been discovered in the highest districts. In the Cianuro district, for example, there used to be a farmhouse where, in King Roger II’s age, wine for the Palatine Chapel in the Norman Palace of Palermo was produced. The town is renowned for the quality of its wines since 1824, when the Duke of Salaparuta winery, named Corvo, was set up.